The Beall Springs Reservation was created in 1887 by the eight children of Minerva Massey Beall, who had died two years previously. In the course of dividing up their mother's estate, the children carved up most of the 455 acre farm, but they set aside a 13-acre plot
"...upon which is situate and being what is known as Beall Spring. These thirteen acres so long as it may suit our pleasure we will continue to hold as our common or joint property and each of us is equally interested in the same."1
In a separate deed2, they defined a set of rules for the owners of the Reservation; those rules emphacize the joint ownership and interest in the property.